Success, Magic, & Mental Health with Max Darwin
WHAT IS IT?
An interactive talk that can be done virtually or in-person for corporations seeking team building activities, organizations in need of a motivational keynote, and/or university programs that want to add in a guest speaker.
Max talks about his successes as an actor/magician and shares his personal struggles with ADHD/anxiety/depression, all while weaving in magic.
Every magic trick can be broken down into 3 parts - set-up, story, and success - and that is the same in life. Max encourages students to consider their own set-up (what can they be doing right now for the future?), think about the story they are telling, and be ready for surprising moments of success. This motivational presentation also includes tips & tricks for dealing with your own mental health and everyone learns how to perform a magic trick!
WHO IS IT FOR?
- Corporations that are looking to give employees a break to engage in teambuilding and talk about mental health.
- Non-Profit/Service Organizations that are hosting an event that has mental health as a theme and need a motivational and interactive keynote
- College students. See recent feedback from first year college students, read their thoughts.
* A version of this talk is available for teens (middle and high school students)
HOW IS IT PERFORMED?
- Based on your programming needs the talk can be adjusted anywhere from 15-60 minutes, with an additional live Q&A available.
- This can be done virtually (via Zoom or other platforms) or in person (flexible with theater settings, conference spaces, classroom, large gathering space, etc).
MAX DARWIN (Creator/Actor/Magician) first appeared on stage before he could walk! He loves theater, magic, ninjas, and the sound of children laughing. His stage show, The Amazing Max, has been playing in NYC Off Broadway and touring across the county since 2011. He can be seen as a featured artist on Season 3 & 4 of “Brain Games” (National Geographic Channel) and magic consultant for "Gotham" (Fox) and "American's Got Talent" (NBC).
As an actor TV credits include "FBI", "Sneaky Pete", "Girls", “Blindspot”, “Black Box”, and hosting the hit Nickelodeon show “Game Farm”. He has also appeared in various national TV commercials such as T-Mobile with DJ Khaled, Axe Body Spray, Verizon, Bank of America, and Coca-Cola.
In 2018 Max was selected as an artist in residence as part of The New Victory Theater’s Labworks program and collaborated with Academy Award Winner Alexander Dinelaris ("Birdman").
During COVID-19 Max has stepped onto a virtual stage to perform perhaps his most incredible feat ever: Getting kids truly excited about learning something and – in the process – showing them how to believe in themselves. Max is mentoring students all over the U.S. and as far away as Mexico, Finland, Kuwait, and Hong Kong.