Success, Magic, & Mental Health with Max Darwin
WHAT IS IT?
An interactive talk that can be done virtually or in-person for corporations/organizations in need of a motivational keynote, and/or university programs that want to add a guest speaker.
Max talks about his successes as an actor and magician., plus shares his personal struggles with ADHD/anxiety/depression, all while weaving in magic.
Every magic trick can be broken down into 3 parts - set-up, story, and success - and that is the same in life. Max encourages attendees to consider their own set-up (what can they be doing right now for the future?), think about the story they are telling, and be ready for surprising moments of success.
This motivational experience includes tips & tricks for dealing with your own mental health and everyone leaves learning how to perform a magic trick!
HOW IS IT PERFORMED?
- Based on your programming needs the talk can be adjusted anywhere from 15-60 minutes, with an additional live Q&A available.
- This can be done virtually (via Zoom or other platforms) or in person (flexible with theater settings, conference spaces, classroom, large gathering space, etc).
WHO IS IT FOR?
- Corporations that are seeking team building activities! The goal is to give employees a break to engage and have a safe space to talk about mental health.
- Non-Profit/Service Organizations that are hosting an event that has mental health as a theme and need a motivational and interactive keynote. Post talk activities and talking points available.
- College courses in need of a guest speaker in the business department, performing arts, and classes offered to first year students. Recent feedback from university students, read their thoughts.
* A version of this talk is available for teens (middle and high school students)
MAX DARWIN (Creator/Actor/Magician) first appeared on stage before he could walk! Since 2011 his stage show, The Amazing Max, has toured across the country and played Off Broadway (New York City). He was a featured artist on Season 3 & 4 of “Brain Games” (National Geographic Channel) and magic consultant for "Gotham" (Fox) and "American's Got Talent" (NBC).
As an actor TV credits include "The Equalizer", "FBI", "Sneaky Pete", "Girls", “Blindspot”, “Black Box”, and hosting the hit Nickelodeon show “Game Farm”. In 2024 he will be a on the new HBOmax show, "The Girls on The Bus". He has also appeared in national TV commercials with T-Mobile with DJ Khaled, Axe Body Spray, Verizon, Bank of America, and Coca-Cola.
Most recently Max wrote and stars in the short film, "The Lost Treasure of J.J. Abrams". Currently playing in film festivals and winner of "Best Mockumentary" at the Austin Comedy Film Festival, Portland Comedy Film Festival, and Texas Short Film Festival.
Max is passionate about mental health and advocates for those facing challenges with ADHD, anxiety, and depression.